Welcome to the 2018-2019 Grand Prix Race Series!
What’s the Grand Prix you ask? Why it’s only the most highly anticipated race series of the year (on Cape Cod…for members of the club..hee hee)! Anyway, current CCAC members meet every Sunday for 8 weeks to run, walk, race and enjoy each others company as well as great food and drink! It’s a fantastic way to stay in shape in the colder months, keep in touch with all your running buddies and make some new one’s too!
Each race costs $10 (with the exception of Weary Travelers which is $20, this race is open to the public and put on by the Cape Cod Road Runners) and is paid at sign up before the gun goes off. Runners of all paces as well as walkers are welcome. You can compete as an individual or on a team, form your own team or join one that is already established. Races are timed by the club’s race clock and everyone receives a numbered popsicle stick (no bibs or timing chips here folks, we go old school!) upon crossing the finish line. Points are earned for placement over all and age group placement in both run and walk categories, you can also earn points by volunteering.If you would like further explanation about how the point system works, Geof Newton is your guy!In order to be eligible for an award at the end of the series Grand Prix Banquet(more info coming soon on that, trust us though, you don’t want to miss it!)you must run at least 5 races. Awards are given to Over All Winners and Top Age Group Winners.
Races are listed below. Walkers start at 10:30am, runners start at 11:00am. Races that are held at a member’s home are POTLUCK. Races held at a venue will have light food as well as supply one drink ticket per runner.
Due to Club insurance restrictions dogs are not allowed to run the Grand Prix races.
- 12-2-18 Trail Run at Kimberly Robbins home, 32 Forest Beach Road, Chatham,5k , Pot Luck
- 12-9-18 Lost Dog Pub, 1374 Route 134, East Dennis, 5K, Food Served
- 12-16-18 Marathon Sports Yarmouth, South Yarmouth, 5k, 484 Station Ave, South Yarmouth, Pot Luck
- ***No run on December 23rd***
- 12-30-18 Yarmouth Police Department, West Yarmouth, 4.1m., Potluck at the Station and then on to Captain Parkers for drinks, 340 Higgins Crowell Road, West Yarmouth
- 1-6-19 Weary Travelers, Bourne, 4.9 M (food provided), Weary Travelers-77 Valley Bars Road, Bourne orthe Club sponsored race atConrad Languth’s home, 101 Red Top Road, Brewster, 5k, pot luck. (If either race is cancelled then the results of the other race would not count towards the awards standings and would lower the number of races needed to be completed to be award eligible by one race.)
- 1-13-19 The Riverview School, Sandwich, 3.1, Potluck, 551 Route 6A, Sandwich
- 1-20-19 The Lanyard Bar and Grill, Harwich Port, 4.1m, Food Provided , 429 Route 28, Harwichport
- 1-27-19 19th Hole Tavern, Hyannis, 4.7 M, Potluck (this race is an exception to the venue food rule and is Potluck!), 11 Barnstable Road, Hyannis