Larry Cole, presiding
* Members present – 18-20
* January 2014 Meeting Minutes approved and accepted. Updated report discussed by Adam Ross, Treasurer about incoming and outgoing expenses, Banquet and GP expenses. Larry to do a cost comparison on Banquet expenses vs. projected expenses. Treasurer’s report approved and accepted.
* Chairman/Board of Directors – Bob Edwards – Nothing new to report
* News on Members’ Health – John Worgan is mainly bed-ridden these days
* Race results – Bill Masterson is travelling and not present for this meeting. A good turnout was reported for Kevin’s 10-miler run the day after the Banquet.
* Upcoming races – Geof Newton – Spring announcements coming in. MV 20-miler, DH Jones, Hyannis Half and Marathon races, Seagull Six, Fast and Flat 5K and other races coming up.
* CCTT – Chris Crema not present for meeting. Steering committee met in January. Successful swim clinics – new swim clinic to be posted on website.
* Elections to be held in April – quorum needs to be present
* Old Business – GP debriefing – at least one venue from this year’s GP series may not be repeated next year….Banquet debriefing – a lot of favorable comments received on this year’s Banquet venue at Doubletree…Hyannis Marathon – need volunteers for February races – sign up sheet is available…..Membership management – various types of software have been reviewed, but nothing decided at this time. Howard Tansey to serve as Charirperson on new software decisions. Adam Ross added to committee.
* New Business – Mary Duchesney discussed upcoming Relay For Life – CCAC will have a team this year – to be held on June 21st and 22nd. Jane Lovelette – a suggestion came up for vests to be given to outside volunteers at the February Hyannis races – $10 price for vest with additional cost for logo printing – a motion was made and accepted regarding vests…..Cones are available for CCTT event at Nickerson Park on May 17 – the Gut Check Triathlon and volunteers are needed…..Regarding room at the Lenox for the BAA Marathon – no reservation was made this year, but CCAC is now on a waiting list for The Lenox – all other hotels were booked as well…..Brazil Triathlon Business Plan – submitted by Dwight Pfundstein about kids race to be held at Camp Lyndon / YMCA in Sandwich, MA – business plan written by Beth Brazil – looking to have 150 kids this year (6-8yr old) – race to be held on August 2nd with rain date of August 3rd – looking for volunteers, arrows, cones, etc. Looking for CCAC to make donation to fund scholarship for kids in YMCA race – last year’s donation was $200 – to be voted on at March meeting…..Martha Edwards talked about her upcoming trip to Honduras again this year to raise money for Cape Cares in the form of holding a race.
* Insurance – USAT renewal is complete – insurance provides coverage for every club member for every club event…..renewed USAT&F insurance and membership……Andy Scherding mentioned about a replacement for current race timing clock – may be able to use clock at YMCA kids triathlon? Andy to do some investigative work on this and is to be considered at March meeting.
* March meeting – possibly bringing in a new speaker – may have Personal Fitness Solutions come back for a 2nd session – Howard to check into this…….Andy may have a list of some potential speakers.
* Merchandise table at Hyannis races – discussed about having one for this year’s events. Larry to discuss with Paul Collyer.
* Next CCAC monthly meeting to be held on Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Dennis Senior Center.