Larry Cole, presiding
· Approximately 26 members present.
· Presentation about therapeutic/sports massage and benefits of massage for athletes.
· Discussed November meeting notes / Treasurer’s report discussed and approved.
· Members voted to donate $300 towards the Andrea Holden race.
· Membership management computer software recommendations not ready to be discussed yet – hopefully by January meeting.
· Land Ho to Land Ho race – discussed about holding in Fall 2014 – Spring venue not possible.
· CCTT – budget discussed – Andy Scherding recently replaced as CCTT director by Chris Crema.
· February banquet – to be held at Doubletree Hotel, Hyannis on February 1, 2014.
· Chairman of Board – Bob Edwards – 6 applications for Boston Marathon waivers have been received from members. CCAC has only received 5 waivers. New form has been posted on CCAC website which is to be used when applying for waiver. Form was adapted from Falmouth Track Club’s own form. Revisions have been done by Larry Cole. Choices for waivers will be made by Directors. Entry cost will be $325 by end of January and will increase by $100 after January 31st.
· Membership – Tom Nally – Grand Prix presents busy time for membership payments, etc. Per Tom, member list approximately 516 cards were mailed out.
· Notable race results – Myles Standish Marathon, Plymouth MA; Plymouth 5K; Manchester Road Race, CT (Thanksgiving Day); Andrea Holden race – many CCAC finishers; Stocking 5K; York, ME 5K turkey trot; FT Lauderdale 5K; Truro Treasures race (Sept); Chatham Nun Run.
· CCM Relay Invitational Cup – 2013: CCAC won the cup this year – CCAC “Club Champion,” cup delivered for all to view.
· Per Joe Weinberger, the Andrea Holden race had approximately 750 runners and was successful in raising funds this year.
· Geof Newton – discussed upcoming race events: 1st Grand Prix race this Sunday – to be held at Conrad Languth’s house – directions are on website. Falmouth Jingle Jog; Jolly Jaunt; Paulie’s Marathon and Half Marathon in February – registration now open. Also, MV 20 miler in February.
· CCTT – Chris Crema – NCC Challenge started on December 1st. Also mentioned that a lot of the 2014 triathlon race registrations are opening up.
· Grand Prix races – 12/8 – Conrad’s house, Brewster MA 3.1 miles; 12/15 Lost Dog Pub, Dennis MA 3.3 miles (race permit approved); 12/22 Kurt Martin, Orleans 3.1 miles; 12/29 YPD, Yarmouth 4.1; 1/5 Weary Travelers, Bourne 4.9; 1/12 Bayside Runner, Yarmouth 3.3; 1/19 Land Ho, Harwich 4.1 (permit application underway); 1/26 19th Hole, Hyannis 4.7 miles.
· CCAC Banquet – Date is February 1st. Menu choices to be made after tonight’s meeting. Motion made by Bill Masterson to have the cost to members at $37pp plus one drink ticket vs. $40pp plus one drink ticket. This motion was voted down, and instead a counter-motion to leave the banquet ticket cost @ $40pp was seconded and approved.
· New Business – Donation requests discussed; Big Brothers & Big Sisters – Pete Stringer – $200 donation approved. CC Times Needy Fund – $200 donation approved. CC Child Development – $250 donation approved.
· Suggestion made by Howard Tansey regarding a race for the 2014/2015 Grand Prix series – Invitational-style and to include both a 10k and a 5k run on the Chatham Harbor Run course – possible date to be 2nd Sunday in December, 2014. Howard was voted as chairman for the purpose of organizing the race.
· Suggestion about programs (like tonight’s massage info) for future CCAC monthly meetings.
· Next meeting: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at Dennis Senior Center.