Larry Cole, presiding
* Members present – 22
* May 2013 Meeting Minutes approved and accepted. Recent Treasurer’s report which included summer activity approved and accepted.
* Discussed recent Directors meeting which was held at Bob Edwards’ house in August. A quorum was not present, so no items were voted on.
* Membership status – Tom Nally – was slow during the summer months. Some activity Adam Ross has received and will be addressed by Tom Nally
* News about members – Gene Cormier fell off his bicycle during Labor Day weekend, but he seems to be OK.
* Recent race results – Bill Masterson – Joe Navas finished 38th overall in the Falmouth Road Race. Marathon Relay Challenge reported status of all teams involved, which include a mens, co-ed and womens team
* Upcoming races – Geof Newton – all upcoming races should be noted on CCAC race calendar. There are a lot of races from September through December, 2013. Marine Corp Marathon – 6 Club members going and will be held on same date as the Cape Cod Marathon.
* CCTT – Andy Scherding – Noted that there are 151 members of the CCTT which are also part of CCAC. 6 practice triathlons were held this season. Also had a year end tri social which was well attended. Lot of Club members will be doing this weekend’s Hero Triathlon in Mashpee. 9 Ironman races this season and some Club members also attending World Championship race in London this September
* Mayflower Beach – Get together to be held in Dennis on 9/15/2013 – starts anytime after 1:00 PM
* Recent article in Cape Cod Times about Katie McCully’s participation in the Swim For Life event being held in Provincetown this month. Larry Cole to send a letter to the Times to embellish on her accomplishments which were left out of the article
* Old Business – Club Express – Geof Newton put together 3 recommendations on this and possible decision to be made at October meeting. Club policy on Boston Marathon waivers – a modified version of the one by the Falmouth Track Club. Directors to implement a process on how to make selections for April 2014 Boston Marathon
* At recent Directors meeting, a subvention was discussed for Beth Brazil’s Kids Triathlon. A capacity of 60 kids participated in race. Discussed to the group present about making a donation of $200. A lot of volunteers were present at race. Expected to have a larger event next year. Beth purchased insurance for the event and obtained legal work. Club in favor to make donation to Beth which would cover insurance expenses – motion to donate $200 was approved and accepted. Discussed that there should be a better plan in place next year on how Club can contribute.
* ZOOMA – looking for a pacer team – in meantime before September meeting, they have since found one.
* Per Larry Cole, received email back in June about Healthy Kids Running Series. Club was invited to act as a sponsor during summer. Not possible for Club to respond in time due to summer hiatus. Will be put on future agenda.
* Grand Prix – Howard Tansey has locked in YPD race – race date 12/29. By October meeting, most if not all of the GP schedule should be complete. Larry Cole has spoken with Dillon at Land Ho about holding a GP venue. Still considering a venue at the Weary Travelers location.
* Chatham Harbor Run in the Cold – Discussed pros and cons about having the race – discussed tentative date of Sunday 11/10 to tie in to Veterans Day and Toys for Tots. Would be a charitable cause and provide more exposure for Club. Received recent generous donation from Larry Belliveau for Club’s participation in Chatham Harbor (CH) summer run. Not looking to make CH course as part of a Grand Prix race as distance is too long for a GP. Thought about doing a combo 5k and 10k during GP series. Additional pros, cons and factoids……EMT’s and police are a large part of race expenditure. Bayside Runner has mentioned about possibly sponsoring one of the GP races. Bayside Runner also mentioned about holding a race in the Fall on Cape. Club will need a timer for the CH run – Spitler timing has been contacted for pricing. Larry Cole has contacted Larry Belliveau about being race director, but no response. Mention about hiring a race director. Also discussed sanctioning and insurance due to non-members who may be participating. Bill Masterson brought up idea of using Falmouth Track Club’s timing through Courtney Bird. Also made mention that a new race may be too much exposure for Club – thoughts about a sponsorship to absorb cost for Club to lessen Club’s exposure. Also mentioned about postponing CH run until 2014 so as to allow more time to plan event.
* Harwich Half Marathon – Larry Cole to meet with Paul Collyer to see whether CCAC workers are needed to volunteer for races.
* Geof Newton looking for a Reach the Beach runner. Also looking for donations for his Last Gasp bike race for Sunday, September 15th.
* Next CCAC monthly meeting to be held on Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at Dennis Senior Center.