Larry Cole, presiding
* Members present – 24
* Reviewed Secretary’s meeting notes from April. Approved and accepted by all present
* Treasurer’s report reviewed and accepted.
* Club received a donation of $5,000 from Paul Collyer for CCAC volunteering at February Hyannis races.
* Director’s report – still waiting on CCTT budget. CCTT budget to be discussed later during this meeting
* CCAC membership – handled by Tom Nally. No new reports
* Bill Masterson in Colorado, so not present at May meeting. Per Larry, made mention of the recent Joyce Ramble race and on how various members did at the race. Andy Scherding also made mention of other recent races, i.e., Brewster in Bloom, Rotary 5K, etc.
* Lucy Duffy recently sent out a mailing regarding money she is raising for the Leukemia Society.
* CCTT news – Uniforms order has been placed. A rotating host training schedule, hosted by various members has also been going on. Swim clinic series has been a great success so far. Katie McCully and Gene Cormier are now preparing for Worlds race which will be held in London, England this coming September.
* New Marathon Sports store is opening up in Mashpee Commons soon. Discount to be put into place for Club members. Discussed preparing new membership cards – option to laminate the new cards was also discussed. Still working on exploring sponsorship idea with Sports Authority.
* Andy Scherding discussed proposed CCTT budget for the upcoming 2013-2014 race season which will include the following: Swim clinics reserve/expenses for both Spring and Fall sessions; Spring Training Camp; CCTT run camps; Summer Clinic; Prizes for summer practice triathlons @ Long Pond; End of Season social. Proposed budget totaling $2,300 which may be offset by the sale of CCTT run caps. Motion to approve CCTT budget – approved and accepted by all present.
* Upcoming races: Chatham Harbor Run to be held at noon on June 30th. Race director, Larry Belliveau present. Memorial Day race, sponsored by Geof Newton and Kathleen Walker; Sprint Triathlons at Craigville Beach also coming up. Discussed possibility of making donations this year to One Fund Boston – to be further discussed. Also, Larry Cole is actively looking to accrue volunteers for these upcoming triathlons.
* Meeting concluded with a discussion amongst various members who participated in this year’s Boston Marathon race in April, 2013. Discussed further consideration of making a donation to One Fund Boston. Donation amount TBD. Possible idea on a Cape-wide running event co-sponsored by multiple Cape clubs. Motion to donate $500 to One Fund Boston – approved and accepted by all present.
* Next CCAC monthly meeting to be held on Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at Dennis Senior Center.