Larry Cole, presiding
* Members present – 11
* Discussed last month’s meeting agenda and treasurer’s report. Treasurer’s report accepted.
* Membership – Tom Nally – talked about a mailing to go out as a reminder for membership dues which need to be paid. Discussed option of postcard mailing
* Notable races – Bill Masterson not present to discuss – did talk about how members did at February Hyannis races.
* Chatham Harbor Run applications are available, per Geof Newton. Date: June 30th at 12 noon.
* Seagull Six race / Falmouth 5000 5k run on same day
* Upcoming attractions: New England Runner Pub Run……James Joyce Ramble….New Bedford Half Marathon….Ocean to the Bay Race….Run for a Reason (YPD) race
* Andy Scherding…USA Triathlon named its own All Americans…our team has 6 people – either as All American or Honorable Mention
* All Americans: Gene Cormier, Derek DelMonico, Sarah Newcomb. Honorable Mentions: Dustin Baker, Katie McCully and Kathleen Thomas.
* Swim Clinic Series – ongoing with some issues. Sandwich pool has been having problems.
* Track workouts @ Nauset Middle School – All CCAC members and guests are welcome – Starts on Thursday, March 7th at 5:30
* Discussed upcoming triathlon season events….Long Pond tri’s….team bike racks at races…..2013 uniform order being worked on….and more initiatives to be looked at and worked on. Friends of the Cape Cod Rail Trail – talked about expansion of the rail trail (Kathleen Walker is involved with this project). If anyone is interested in getting involved, speak with Andy. Xterra discount has been confirmed, per Geof Newton. Terry Walsh is starting up a 4 week yoga program starting on March 16th.
* Total of 26 club volunteers at the Feb. Hyannis races
* Larry Cole received a call regarding a new company, Wicked Awesome Productions and an email from Plymouth Rock Racing.
* Old Business – Sports Authority – discount sales days dates are not set up yet, per Howard Tansey. Howard to let people know.
* Discussed Bylaw change at last month’s meeting, regarding membership structure / pricing (see agenda for pricing). Change requires a number of 20 active members to be present in order to vote on this.
* New Business – teams within club being responsible for Grand Prix (Howard Tansey’s idea) – Larry wants to get started early this year for the GP races. Details to be sorted out with town police, etc. Cathy Lohse thought some of the GP race distances were too long. Discussed possibility of keeping distances around a 5k for upcoming year. Per Larry – he wants to rethink YPD race and the get together at Capt. Parkers for this year.
* Awards Banquet – discussed doing an alternate format to next year’s raffle and possible venue change for next year. Attendance numbers were down this year. Maybe check on pricing for next year. Discussed idea of rewarding volunteers with a free drink ticket for next year.
* Hyannis races review – discussed transport for runners who cannot finish race but who do not need medical attention. Some areas on the course may require police detail to direct traffic
* New idea, per Geof Newton – Pocket Timer Pro – an attachment for timers we use at races.