Bob Eckerson Presiding
* Monthly Treasurer’s report submitted and accepted by all
* Grand Prix Races – We are now halfway through this year’s race schedule. Good turnouts so far! GP #4 at 19th Hole Pub, Hyannis, MA; GP #5 to be at Weary Travelers, GP #6 to be at Chapins’ Restaurant, Dennis, MA. Publishings have been in the Cape Cod Times but only for ones at public venues. GP #7 to be held at Paul Collyer’s home, Chatham, MA. Mileage TBD. GP #8 – George Graeber’s home – last race! Chapins’ event – new route this year and food and music for this event. Estimated mileage: 3.1 for Walkers and 4.7 for Runners.
* CCAC Banquet – Date: February 12, 2011 – Welcome back to Chatham Bars this year! All invites have been mailed out and copies will be available at next couple of GP races. Deadline to respond – February 5, 2011. Reduced hotel room rates are available for anyone looking to stay for the evening.
* CCAC Insurance – Road Runners of America – obtaining information on this. Rates: $2.33 per person / $2.00 membership fee. Designed to cover all Club events. USAT – to cover all multi-sport type events.
* By-Laws directors “Meeting” terminology currently found in By-Laws paperwork to be better translated before the new by-laws can be finalized
* Old Business – Nothing discussed.
* CCAC – New Business – Kathleen Thomas to work on triathlon clothing ideas / designs – to send artwork to vendor and to obtain feedback. No Club funding and orders will only be placed upon request. CCAC and CCTT logo to appear on clothing.
* New Club Members – Per Bill Masterson – M/M Nolan, from Eastham, MA recently joined CCAC
* All Boston Marathon waivers are now gone – none available.
* John Worgan has suffered a broken hip and is back in the hospital.
* Club Newsletter – Adam Ross put in a question about when to expect to see new edition to go out. Club answered with that more concentration to be focused on the By-Laws and Insurance issues before newsletter to be addressed.
Suggestion made that a posting can be done on website for anyone having an interest in working on the newsletter – possible to attract new members to assist with newsletter? Estimated length of newsletter – 3-4 pages. All former newsletters can be found under Members Section of Club website.
* Cape Cod Child Development – Pat Nally read a letter from CCCD / Headstart looking for help & support from Club – $250 sponsorship. CCAC to consider a Club contribution.