Bob Eckerson Presiding
* New member welcomed to CCAC
* Discussion on Grand Prix races – starting on December 5th – to be held at 11:00am.
Order of GP races: Campari’s, Liz Broderick’s, YPD venue, 19th Hole (Hyannis), Weary Travelers, Chapins Restaurant, Paul Collier’s, Graebers’.
Cost: $10 per person (member or non-member).
Walkers to start ½ hour earlier than runners. Will have their own tags / timing system
Tom and Pat Nally to oversee volunteers for GP races – volunteers needed – 5 points received if volunteering at a GP race
* Draft New membership application submitted by Cathy Whitelaw – to be approved
Motion by Bill Masterson to have a legal waiver added to application – with regard to members / race participants to a Hold Harmless agreement in favor of CCAC.
Seconded by all members present at meeting
* Discussion about CCAC Tri clothing and how it might be ordered most affordably
* Annual Banquet – to be held February 12th. Possible venue, Jailhouse (Orleans, MA) has been contacted. Issue: 6-10pm only!
Discussion about having a buffet-style dinner. Hyannis Golf Course has been contacted – no response.
Riverway / Anthony’s (Yarmouthport, Route 6A) / Harbor point – more possible venues.
* Bob Edwards – discussed most recent Board of Directors meeting that was held in October.
Discussed changes which might be incorporated into the Bylaws, in particular as to indemnification
Discussion about changing the Board of Directors annual meeting date
In order for one to vote, must be 18yrs of age and a CCAC member for one year.
Under Miscellaneous Provisions, statement about CCAC Directors shall be covered for all past & present actions
Under Draft By Law of 1996 – statement about CCAC not being prohibited from obtaining insurance. Board of Directors wants to discuss with members.
Discussion about obtaining Directors & Officers Insurance and/or General Liability (Public Liability) and/or Accident Insurance
Motion made by Bill Masterson to keep intact, Section 6 in the By Laws with regard to indemnifying Directors & Officers
Motion was seconded
By December’s meeting, By Laws to be re-done and then to pursue insurance at that time.
Motion by Geof Newton to establish a committee to look into obtaining insurance.
Discussion about the possibility of having an attorney review the new By Laws
* Letter received from Peter Stringer regarding his Christmas 50 mile Solo Run for the benefit of BB/BS Cape Cod.
Proposed donation $200.00, to duplicate last year’s
Motion made – seconded and approved
* Bob Eckerson – announced that race numbers are now available for Big Sur Marathon
* Cathy Whitelaw – announced the November 20th Clothing Drive to help benefit her employer, Mattacheese school